Cancer 2005 104:1322-1331
2. Lan Li, Bilal Ahmed,Kapil Mehta et al.: Liposomal curcumin with and without oxaloplatin: effects on cell growth, apoptosis and angiogenesis in colorectal cancer.
Molecular Cancer Therapeutics. 2007 6:1276-1282
3. Savita Bisht, Georg Feldman, Scheetal Soni et al.: Polymeric nanoparticle encapsulated curcumin nanocurcumin: a novel strategy for human cancer therapy.
J Nanobiotechnology 2007 5:3
4. Claire M Mach, Lata Matthew, Scott A Mosley, Lawrence Helson et al.: Determination of minimum effective dosing schedule for liposomal curcumin in a mouse model of pancreatic cancer.
Am Coll Clin Pharm.Annual meeting. 2008 Louisville KY. Presentation.
5. Clair M Mach, Lata Mathew, Scott A Mosley, et al.: Determination of minimum effective dose and optimal dosing schedule for liposomal curcumin in a xenograft human pancreatic cancer model.
Journal of Anticancer Research. 2009 29: 1895-1900
6. Clair M Mach, J.H.Chen, Sa Mosley et al. Evaluation of Curcumin Cytochrome p450 metabolism.
Hematology Oncology Pharmacy Association(HOPA) June 17-20 ,2009. Abstract. Manuscript submitted J. Anticancer Research. 2010 in press.
7. Vishwanatha JK.: Biodegradable Nanoparticles for Cancer Therapy.
2nd Annual Unither Nanomedical and Telemedical Conference. Oreford Quebec, Canada Abstract presentation Feb 24-27 2009
8. MukerjeeA, and JK Vishwanatha: Formulation, Characterization and evaluation of Curcumin loaded PLGA nanospheres for cancer therapy.
Journal of Anticancer Research 2009 29:3867-3876
9. Judith A Smith, Lata Mathew, MS Claire, K Santiago, L.Helson: Development of Liposomal curcumin as a new potential anticancer agent.
MD Anderson Cancer Center and Signpath Pharma. AACR–EORTC-NCI 2009. Abstract and presentation Nov 18
10. Mukerjee A, Ranjan AP, Helson L et al: Formulation, Characterization and Evaluation of Annexin A2-conjugated curcumin loaded nanospheres as a targeted drug carrier system for breast cancer therapy.
Proc.10thUS-Japan Symposium on Drug Delivery Systems. 2009 Maui, Hawaii. Ab no. 1468
11. Ranjan AP, Mukerjee A, JK Vishwanatha. Optimization of curcumin loaded PLGA nanoparticle-formulation using central composite design for cancer therapy.
Proc. 10thUS-Japan Symposium on Drug Delivery Systems. 2009 Maui, Hawaii. Ab no 1526
12. Mukerjee A, Luchowski R, Ranjan et al.: Enhanced Fluorescence of curcumin on plasmonic platforms.
Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology. 2010 11:223-228
13. Lim KJ, Maitra A, Bisht S et al.: Using Nanocurcumin to treat Medulloblastoma and Glioblastoma.
AACR Annual meeting Ab no.4440, 2010
14. Claire M Mach, Jing Hong Chen, Scott A Mosley: Evaluation of Liposomal Curcumin Cytochrome P450 Metabolism.
Anticancer Research 2010 30:811-814
15. Mukerjee A, Sorenson T Thomas J et al.: Spectroscopic properties of curcumin, orientation of transition moments.
J Physical Chemistry 2010 114:12679-12684
16. Bisht S,Mizuma M,Feldman G. et al.: Systemic Administration of Polymeric nanoparticle –encapsulated Curcumin(Nanocurc®) blocks tumor growth and metastases in preclinical models of Pancreatic Cancer.
Mol Canc Ther. 2010 9: 2255-2264
17. Thamake S I, Iraut Sf, Ranjan AP,Gryczynski Z,and J K Vishwanatha.: Surface Functionalization of PLGA nanoparticles by non-covalent insertion of homo-bifunctional spacer for active targeting in cancer therapy.
J Alzheimers Disease. 2011 Jan 1;23(1):61-77
18. Ray B, Bisht S, Maitra A, Maitra A, Lahiri, DK. Neuroprotective and Neurorescue Effects of a Novel Polymeric Nanoparticle Formulation of Curcumin (NanoCurc™) in the Neuronal Cell Culture and Animal Model: Implications for Alzheimer’s disease.
Mol Canc Ther. 2010 9: 2255-2264
19. Helson L. Chiu S: Curcumin Formulations Brain Distribution.
Presentation to MJFF for Parkinson’s disease NYC Sept 21, 2010.
20. Chiu SS, Lui E, Majeed M, Vishwanatha JK, Ranjan A, Maitra A, Dipanker P, Smith JA ,Helson L:Differential distribution of intravenous curcumin formulations in the rat brain.
Mol Canc Ther. 2010 9: 2255-2264
20a. Yin-Meng Tsai, Chao-Feng Chien, Lie-Chwen Lin,Tung-Hu Tsai: Curcumin and its nano-formulation:The kinetics of tissue distribution and blood-brain barrier penetration.
International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2011 June 24th.
21. Balmiki R, Bisht S, Maitra A et al. Neuroprotective and Neurorescue effects of a Novel Polymeric Nanoparticle Formulation of curcumin (NanoCurc®) in the Neuronal cell culture and Animal Model: Implications for Alzheimer’s disease.
J Alzheimer’s Dis. 2011 23:61-77
22. Lim KJ, Bisht S, Bar EE, Maitra A, Eberhart CG: A polymeric nanoparticle formulation of curcumin inhibits growth, clonogenecity, and stem-like fraction in malignant brain tumors.
Cancer Biology and Therapy 2011, 11(5): 1-10
22a. Tuttle S, Hertan L, Katz JS: Indian gold treating cancer in the age of nano.
Cancer Biology and Therapy, 2011, 11(5): 474-476 (a review of #22)
23. Savita Bisht, Mehtab A Khan, Mena Bekhit, Haibo Bai, Toby Cornish, Masamichi Mizuma, Michelle A Rudek, Ming Zhao, Amarnath Maitra, Balmiki Ray, Debomoy Lahiri, Anirban Maitra, and Robert A Anders. A polymeric nanoparticle formulation of curcumin (NanoCurc™) ameliorates CCl4-induced hepatic injury and fibrosis through reduction of pro-inflammatory cytokines and stellate cell activation.
Laboratory Investigation (2011), 1–13
24. Lawrence Helson, George Shopp, Annie Bouchard, Muhammad Majeed. Liposome mitigation of curcumin inhibition of cardiac potassium delayed-rectifier current.
Journal of Receptor, Ligand and Channel Research, 2012
25. LAWRENCE HELSON, GORDON BOLGER, MUHAMMED MAJEED, BRIGITTA VCELAR, KRESIMIR PUCAJ, and DHARMENDR MATABUDUL Infusion Pharmacokinetics of Lipocurc™ (Liposomal Curcumin) and its Metabolite Tetrahydrocurcumin in Beagle dogs.
Anticancer Res, 2012
26. Amalendu P Ranjan, Anindita Mukerjee, Lawrence Helson and Jamboor K Vishwanatha Scale up, optimization and stability analysis of Curcumin C3 complex-loaded nanoparticles for cancer therapy.
Journal of Nanobiotechnology, 2012
27. DHARMENDR MATABUDUL, KRESIMIR PUCAJ, GORDON BOLGER, BRIGITTA VCELAR, MUHAMMED MAJEED and LAWRENCE HELSON: Tissue Distribution of (LipocurcTM) Liposomal Curcumin and Tetrahydrocurcumin Following Two- and Eight-hour Infusions in Beagle Dogs.
Anticancer Res, 2012
28. Simon Chiu, Kristen J. Terpstra ,Yves Bureau,Jirui Hou, Hana Raheb, Zack Cernvosky, Vladimir Badmeav7 , John Copen; Mariwan Husni, Michael Woodbury: Liposomal-formulated curcumin[ LipocurcTM ] targeting HDAC (Histone Deacetylase ) , prevents apoptosis and improves motor deficits in Park 7 (DJ-1)- Knockout rat model of Parkinson’s disease : implications for Epigenetics-based Nanotechnology-driven Drug Platform.
29. Zou P, Helson L, Maitra A, Stern ST, McNeil SE Polymeric curcumin nanoparticle pharmacokinetics and metabolism in bile duct cannulated rats.
30. Poster “Safety and Pharamacokinetics of Liposomal Curcumin in Healthy Subjects: A Randomized Placebo_Controlled Double Blind First-in-human Study”
31. Rajan AP, Mukerjee A, Helson L, Gupta R, Vishwanatha JK Efficacy of liposomal curcumin in a human pancreatic tumor xenograft model: inhibition of tumor growth and angiogenesis.
Anticancer Res, 2013 Sep; 33(9):3603-9
32. Chun YS, Bisht S, Chenna V, Pramanik D, Yoshida T, Hong SM, de Wilde RF, Zhang Z, Huso D, Zhao M, Rudek M, Stearns V, Maitra A, Sukumar S. Intraductal Administration of a Polymeric Nanoparticle Formulation of Curcumin (NanoCurc) Significantly Attenuates Incidence of Mammary Tumors in a Rodent Chemical Carcinogenesis Model Implications for breast cancer chemoprevention in at-risk populations.
Carcinogenesis. 2012 Jul 25. [Epub ahead of print]
33. Pramanik D, Campbell NR, Das S, Gupta S, Chenna V, Bisht S, Sysa-Shah P, Bedja D, Karikari C, Steenbergen C, Gabrielson KL, Maitra A, Maitra A. A composite polymer nanoparticle overcomes multidrug resistance and ameliorates doxorubicin-associated cardiomyopathy.
Oncotarget. 2012 Jun;3(6):640-50.
34. Bisht S, Maitra A. Systemic delivery of curcumin: 21st century solutions for an ancient conundrum.
Curr Drug Discov Technol. 2009; 6:192-9.
35. Dr. Anirban Maitra, Dr Lawrence Helson Characterization of Nanocurcumin NCL 201304A
36. Storka A, Vcelar B, Klickovic U, Gouya G, Weisshaar S, Aschauer S, Helson L, Wolzt M. Effect of liposomal curcumin on red blood cells in vitro.
Anticancer Res. 2013 Sep;33(9):3629-34
37. Amalendu P. Ranjan, Anindita Mukerjee, Jamboor K. Vishwanatha. University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, TX. Targeted multifunctional lipid-PLGA hybrid nanosystems for metastatic breast cancer imaging and therapy.
April 08, 2014
38. Shopp GM, Helson L, Bouchard A, Salvail D, Majeed M.Liposomes Ameliorate Crizotinib- and Nilotinib-induced Inhibition of the Cardiac IKr Channel and QTc Prolongation.
39. Increased risk of Torsades de Pointes in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Annie Bouchard*, Marie-Claude Benoit*, Sabrina Baillargeon*, Laurence Helson, George Shopp, Dany Salvail*
40. Use of nanocurcumin to inhibit proliferation and metastases of hepatocellular carcinoma via NF-κB mediated matrix metalloproteinase-9 downregulation. Author(s): Yang Xu, Bo Hu, Robert Anders, Anirban Maitra, Jia Fan; Liver Cancer Institute, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China; Liver Cancer Institute, Fudan University, Shanghai, China; The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD; Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
J Clin Oncol 31, 2013 (suppl; abstr e22103)
41. Safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetics of liposomal curcumin (LipocurcTM) in healthy humans. Angela Storka1, Brigitta Vcelar2, Uros Klickovic1, Ghazaleh Gouya1, Stefan Weisshaar1, Stefan Aschauer1, Gordon Bolger4, Lawrence Helson3, and Michael Wolzt1
42. Curcumin Suppression of Cytokine Release and Cytokine Storm. A Potential Therapy for Patients with Ebola and Other Severe Viral Infections. PETER P. SORDILLO and LAWRENCE HELSON
43. Use of an Unconventional Approach to Boost Sensitivity and Improve Chromatography for Quantifying Curcumin and Tetrahydrocurcumin by LC-MS/MS.Aimin Tan; Yanxin Wu; Molly Wong; Albert Licollari; Gordon Bolger; John C. Fanaras; George Shopp; Lawrence Helson
44. Curcumin and Cancer Stem Cells: Curcumin Has Asymmetrical Effects on Cancer and Normal Stem Cells. Peter P. Sordillo and Lawrence Helson. Anticancer Res. 2015 Feb;35(2):599-614.
Anticancer Res. 2015 Feb;35(2):599-614.